Monday

disturbia!

Actually, Suspiria is the word of the day. I watched this insanely horrific movie until an absurd hour of the night last night for a presentation, only to find out this morning that all presentations have been postponed. Thank you, Clive Bloom.

Anyway, Suspiria is one if the weirdest, most horrifying films I have ever seen. It is basically about a young New Yorker who moves to Leisburg, Germany to attend one of the most prestigious dance academies in the world. Upon her late-night rainfall arrival, a series of bizarre events unfold that predicate what horror lies ahead. The art direction is insane, think 70's art deco meets traditional gothic reimagined in vivid reds and blues. The murders themselves are some of the most disturbing, effective death sequences caught on film. Imagine escaping a murderer, only to climb through a window and fall into a room full of barbed wire.

Behold my favorite scene.


Yeah.

So it is actually really comforting to know that fashion week is over and that I now have all of this free time that will not include mindlessly refreshing style.com for show updates. Now I can share funny stuff with you all. All three of you.

Trigger Happy TV was one of my favorite shows of the 90's. Part of it's mystique was it's illusiveness: it was always scheduled randomly and sparsely, so I was never able to really glut myself on endless amounts of episodes. Anyway, I find it appropriate to resurrect since I am in London, and it is one of the most pioneering British comedies IMO. It's like Jackass without the trash, and way earlier. Here are a few of my favorite clips:






My roommate hates me, I'm laughing and crying.