Tuesday

1994

Is it spring or summer? All I know is that the weather I have been anticipating is here and it is RUDE. I seem to have forgotten how inconvenient my New York lifestyle can be during the sweltering hump months. I am referring to excruciating experiences on subways or walking places cuz I can't afford no cab. I also forgot how my walking is punctuated by a quick glance into each car window I pass, just to gauge how wet my face is. Gross.

Growing up, I always dreamed of summer in New York consisting of wild & crazy cookouts, block parties, street ball, hip-hop celeb cameos and jazzy-fresh boomboxes. In other words, every notion I had of a New York summer was directly influenced by DJ Jazzy Jeff and the Fresh Prince's "Summertime" video. I am determined to create that lifestyle this summer, so if you're my friend take heed. You can begin by brushing up on my favorite summertime songs. They all happen to be jazzy-fresh circa 94-95 and will sound excellent in your Pathfinder which I will use for AC.