Friday

Stella McCartney for Chloé S/S 2000

Flashback to a summer 9 years ago, when I came across an article in the NY Post about a lawsuit between Playboy and Chloé, causing the French house to pull a t-shirt from it's store shelves for copyright infringement. The shirt in question was a sexy little number emblazoned with a skeletal version of the infamous Playboy bunny profile. To say I needed this shirt is an understatement. Luckily, I had a set of iron-on T-shirt transfer papers, so I went ahead and designed my own version and rocked that shit at my next school dance. Looking back on the collection as a whole, it's interesting to see how unabashedly sexy and cool Chloé was under McCartney. Her youthful irreverance and Rock royalty status manifested itself in diamanté-trimmed jumpsuits, chain-link tops and frayed white hip-huggers; but it was the devilish Playboy tee that will forver define my early-millenial fashion cues.





Style.com